Rural Affairs Office – September 2015
Rural Affairs Office – July 2015
Rural Affairs Office – June 2015
We are lucky to be located close to two venues hosting Canada Day Celebrations in 2015.
- The Canada Day celebrations that were at Petrie Island will now be held at the Navan Fair Grounds. For more info, read the Media announcement and visit the event Facebook page.
- Vars will be hosting celebrations again this year in the park. More details will be posted on the official site as they are finalized.
Rural Affairs Office – May 2015
Here are some links for you:
- CBC Article
- CBC Ottawa 6pm TV news coverage (video clip)
- Sound byte from CBC Radio which aired at 7:45 this morning.
Thank you to all those who participated in the interviews for taking time away from their chores to communicate the impact of the closure.
If you have any additional links, please comment below.
As most of you know by now, the Sarsfield Home Hardware has announced its closure .
Many of us depended on the Home Hardware for supplies. It also housed our Canada Post post office and was the local distributor for Purina.
This is a closure that affects many in our community. Our village has seen many of our institutions dissapear in the last ten years: the St-Hugues school, the caisse populaire and the hotel. It is important more than ever to meet as a group of citizens and to find ways to thrive in these changing times.
As information is published we will send links to you.
So far, what we know is as follows:
- Canada Post will remain open until May 15th. What will happen after has not been made public.
- Purina distributing will continue for a short while. If anybody has additional information regarding that service, please comment below.
- Le Droit covered the story.
- CBC conducted radio and video interviews today April 9th. They interviewed a local farming family, employees of the Home Hardware and a member of the community association. Stay tuned.