Rural Affairs Office – June 2015
We are lucky to be located close to two venues hosting Canada Day Celebrations in 2015.
- The Canada Day celebrations that were at Petrie Island will now be held at the Navan Fair Grounds. For more info, read the Media announcement and visit the event Facebook page.
- Vars will be hosting celebrations again this year in the park. More details will be posted on the official site as they are finalized.
To reserve a table or for information, email@example.com or call Anne at 613-835-1625
Rain date: June 7th
Hear presentations by OC Transpo and community support agency transportation coordinators and visit the information booths. Registration is required. Register by phone: 613-741-6025, ext. 324 (leave a message) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation will be arranged for anyone needing it to attend – please indicate when registering.
Leavin at10am from the Sarsfield Community Centre.
Cleaning material will be distributed.
Rural Affairs Office – May 2015
You are invited to the final Open Houses to review and provide feedback on the recommendations for these two environmental assessment (EA) studies. The Confederation Line East LRT Extension study is following the Transit Projects Assessment Process and the OR174 and Prescott-Russell County Road 17 (CR17) corridor is under the Municipal Class EA process for a Schedule ‘C’ project.
Open Houses: 6 to 9 p.m., presentation at 7 p.m.
Open House presentation and displays will include:
- Functional design of the preferred integrated LRT and OR174 widening west of Trim Road
- Functional design of the widening of OR 174 and CR 17 east of Trim Road
- Summary of comments and responses from the February 2015 consultation
- Next steps
The East LRT extension is one of three EA studies underway as part of Stage 2, the City’s plan to extend the benefits of rail to residents farther east, west and south that will add 19 new stations and 30 kilometres to the O-Train system– see ottawa.ca/stage2 for further information.
Accessibility is an important consideration to facilitate attendance at these Open Houses. If you require special accommodation, please call 3-1-1. If you are unavailable to attend the Open House or would like additional information, please visit the study web site at ottawa.ca/easternlrt.
Here are some links for you:
- CBC Article
- CBC Ottawa 6pm TV news coverage (video clip)
- Sound byte from CBC Radio which aired at 7:45 this morning.
Thank you to all those who participated in the interviews for taking time away from their chores to communicate the impact of the closure.
If you have any additional links, please comment below.
As most of you know by now, the Sarsfield Home Hardware has announced its closure .
Many of us depended on the Home Hardware for supplies. It also housed our Canada Post post office and was the local distributor for Purina.
This is a closure that affects many in our community. Our village has seen many of our institutions dissapear in the last ten years: the St-Hugues school, the caisse populaire and the hotel. It is important more than ever to meet as a group of citizens and to find ways to thrive in these changing times.
As information is published we will send links to you.
So far, what we know is as follows:
- Canada Post will remain open until May 15th. What will happen after has not been made public.
- Purina distributing will continue for a short while. If anybody has additional information regarding that service, please comment below.
- Le Droit covered the story.
- CBC conducted radio and video interviews today April 9th. They interviewed a local farming family, employees of the Home Hardware and a member of the community association. Stay tuned.